The Belgaum Jilha Prathmik Shikshana Samiti (BJPSS), which runs the Ram Kumar Jangra Kindergarten and M.V.Herwakdar English Medium School, was founded on 1st Oct. 1937 though its activities started in 1919 by Late Shri Baburao.Thakur along with Late Shri G.V.Herekar, Late Shri. Chaturdas Shah and late Shri Annasaheb Lathe. It had a mission to promote both child as well as adult education and improve the standard of living by introducing newer methods of cultivation, constructions of roads and running co-operative societies for rural up liftmen. The Samiti at one time was running 167 primary schools in Marathi, Kanada and Urdu mediums very successfully. But all these schools were handed over to the Government in 1966 as per the primary education policy of the Government.